Saturday, March 20, 2010

Theme Day: Changes

Theme Day: Changes  12x16  Oils on canvas panel.

It's funny how "we" find wonderful photos to give us inspiration to make a painting. A blogger friend made a watercolor painting from a photo image on the blog built by "Jilly" where I found the photo for this painting. The website is Menton Daily Photo and contains beautiful images and descriptions of the subjects in and in the area of Menton, France.  The subject photograph blog post for this painting is Theme Day: Changes.

I could probably touch up this painting here & there, but NAH! I'm going to leave it alone, relax & enjoy Jilly's blog posts from Menton, France.  This is probably as close to being in France as I'll ever get!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Ken, what a treat to see this lady immortalised in paint. So glad the photo inspired you and thanks so much for letting me know. I've had a lovely time looking back at your work. You are one talented artist.

    Thanks for kind comments re my Menton blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jilly, Thank you very much for looking at my painting! The photos in your Menton Daily Photo blog are so INSPIRED! Wonderfully colorful buildings and city PLUS some people with real character and so (apparently) happy and open. It's a joy to browse through Menton & area through your photos and commentary.

    Thanks very much for providing the inspiration! Irina had the right idea!
    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your traveling remarks make me smile :)
    I really like this painting, the portrait is very good and I love the background with those letters and colors. Way to go!
    Warm regards,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carolina! I've traveled to many places when I was younger but never to Europe for a visit. So looking at these blogs of Moscow, Russian Georgia and Menton, France is (maybe) better than being there. HAH! I think NOT. :-)

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.