Saturday, January 17, 2009

Would you help me by doing me a favor?

I post my art work (paintings) but I don't know if they're "any good". I understand that "liking" a piece of art goes back to the old saying "I don't much about art but I know what I like."

Please do me a favor and leave a comment about my work. Constructive criticism is welcome while "flaming" wastes your time and mine. Each post has the word "comment" near the bottom of the posting. It looks like: Click on the word "comment" and a form is opened for your comment which won't show in my blog until I "approve" it - that's where flaming is a waste of our time. Your comments can be anonymous if you wish.

I would like to see if I can sell my art to at least help pay for my habit. Plus maybe clear out some space in my little studio. I'm not asking anybody to make an offer, but . . . :-) Seriously, please critique my work and leave a comment - anonymously if you wish.

I also enabled the "reaction" thing where you can "VOTE". "I don't get it", "interesting", or "cool".

Thanks very much for doing me this favor.

1 comment:

  1. I've always been a fan of your art. As you know, I already own several pieces of it (and two very cool gourds made by your lovely bride Melissa). The golf pictures have always been favorites of mine as well as the one of the crayons falling out of the box. I really like the perspective of that picture.

    I know nothing about selling or buying art, but you may be interested in a website called Deviant Art (www.deviantart.com). On this site, you can sell prints of your art work in various sizes. Buyers purchase the prints directly from the Deviant art website. They make the prints (photograph quality) and ship them to the buyer.

    I don't think you can get rich from it, but it also helps get your name and art out there for people to see.

    Q.B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.