Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Guitar Player

$50.00 plus shipping
The Guitar Player  9x9  Oils on masonite panel.

This painting came from visiting the internet in a Flamenco website. I'm afraid that I've lost the URL for the particular website.

This painting would not photograph for me. The reflections and bright light in my studio were too much for my camera.  I even tried using a cardboard box but that didn't work.  I'll give the painting some time to dry then try again with subdued lighting.

2 comments:

  1. Black (dark) and red (light) make this painting so special. Muted contours and shadows. I very like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Irina! This was a fun painting to do. The body of the man is minimally suggested and leaves everything to the imagination of the viewer. I like this one as it is!

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.