Friday, April 16, 2010

Menton France - Creole Dancer 1

$100.00 plus shipping
Creole Dancer 1   12x16  Oil on canvas panel

Inspiration for this painting came from Jilly's Menton Daily Photo blog. Jilly's blog contains page after page after page of wonderful and colorful photographs. Beautifully done and with informative descriptions and interesting "smaller" photos.

I have a bit more to do with this Creole dancer then I'll put it in a frame and call it DONE!









 April 21, 2010 - Image update.


I wanted to put more shadow on the right side of the lady's face - I'm not sure that it worked.  dang!

6 comments:

  1. Ken, so glad you painted one of the gorgeous Creole ladies. I just loved them, their colour and energy which you obviously did too.

    A friend saw this and told me. Thanks a lot for the kind words which mean a lot. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jilly! Those dancers are so beautifully happy that they're radiating a glow of joy. And the COLORS! Your photos BEG me to make paintings! :-)

    Thank you so much for Menton Daily Photos and your generosity in sharing and allowing me to make paintings using the photos!

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irina! Thank you. The photos in your blogs and in Jilly's blogs will keep me making paintings till I am unable to hold a brush any longer!

    Glad to see you aren't working! :-)

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken,
    I like a lot of things on this painting, the detail in the clothes, the earrings (great gold feeling), and as been said, the energy and expression, that's really there. Great!
    Warm regards,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carolina! I thought that I had replied earlier, but . . . :-)

    Thank you for your kind words. If you have the time go to Jilly's Menton Daily Photo blog and look around. As you can see, I "travel" to France quite often! la dee da!

    I hope that your modem doesn't break again anytime soon.

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.