Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day Laborer - Coosa Valley, Alabama

$75.00 plus shipping
Day Laborer - Coosa Valley, Alabama  9x12  Oils on Masonite Panel

I saw a photo similar to this in the National Archives website that "told me" that I needed to make this painting . I got this far in about three or four hours over two days.

I might make a larger version if the mood strikes me.
The white rectangle on the side of the building is (should be) a sign of some sort. The space needed something and a window near the stairs didn't make sense to me.  AND I need to straighten the "sign".  :-)  Perspective, perspective perspective.  Sort of like gravity - it doesn't stop.


If you see yourself or your work and you do not want it to be here, please send me an email and I will remove the post.

May 3, 2010 - updated photo.

I think that I improved the perspective on the notice but the printing leaves something to work on - in another time.

I'm beginning to like this painting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ken! You can definitely see that that's a piece of paper tacked up on the wall! This is really a nice moody painting - you are getting seriously good with people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken!
    This painting is emerging from the board by its own rights. Excellent composition.
    The title fits perfectly...:)
    Big hugs,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.