Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Exercising the pony

$100.00 plus shipping
Exercising the pony  12x16  Oil on masonite

I think that I saw something like this in a TV program or video on the internet - honestly I don't know where the vision for this painting came from. Maybe it was indigestion. Doesn't matter, it was fun to try to paint it.

I think that I shouldn't do animals. I get "close" to being accurate in proportions but there's  s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g wrong s-o-m-e-w-h-e-r-e.  

I rode a horse one time - fifty (YES 50) years ago. I decided then that I preferred cars. Still do.

2 comments:

  1. Funny comment.
    Great that you paint from imagination. Horse proportions - this is the eye of the artist-painter!
    I tried horse riding several years ago. Too high. And rear suspension is too hard.
    Advice from beginner to the winner of the art shows: contrast of cool and warm colors make the painting (my teacher's idea). No need to follow, I just want to show my knowledge of the subject:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irina. I agree with you on riding horses! I'll take your advice (and any that I can get) Cool contrasting with warm? OK! I usually try to use all of the primaries but the judge in our art show told us to stay away from "bright yellow" mix in something to take off the "bright" for instance yellow ochre. Whatever!

    Enough theory - let's paint! :-)

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.