Sunday, December 6, 2009

My Studio - Displaying paintings on pegboard panels

If you follow my blog, you might have seen my pegboard panels that I made to display my paintings in my studio - see photo to the left. (My pegboard is 1/8 inch thick by the way.) I was having problems with hanging my paintings on the pegboard - first I made my own hooks out of wire then I tried pegboard hooks from the hardware store. Neither "solution" work well. The paintings would go crooked or worse, fall to the floor because the hooks themselves weren't secured well. The store-bought hooks that I could buy locally were also too big - they held the painting too far from the pegboard inviting swing & sway and then . . . . "OOOOOOPS!".

I found a VERY good solution for my situation at Grand & Benedicts The product is called a "pin_up hook", their part number is 009-333 and the hooks cost 15 cents each. The pin-up hooks have two pegboard hooks that hold the hook really well in the pegboard. I use two of the hooks on larger paintings so that the paintings don't tilt on me or fall to the floor.

My display panels are like large pages of a picture book and when the "page" is turned the paintings don't fall!

Grand & Benedicts also has all sorts of other kinds of pegboard hooks on this page.

This review and testimonial is unsolicited and my own private opinion!

Click on the pin-up hook image (below) to see the Grand & Bendecits product page.





4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea Ken! I've never seen hooks that look like that though! You've given me ideas for my own paintings that are cluttering every nook and cranny right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz. I had been looking for SOMETHING / ANYTHING that I could use to hang my paintings on pegboard. Those funny looking things take some tugging to remove so they don't come undone when I turn my display "pages". :-) I was hoping that somebody else could use the info. I've been busy making frames for all my paintings that are stacked up and leaning against the wall and will hang them as they should be! YAYYYYYYYY!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!
    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken!
    That's cool! I love to see how 'handy' you are and how you do everything by yourself. The paintings most certainly don't deserve any 'ooops'... :)
    The idea is great, I'm glad you found a good and efficient solution.
    Best regards,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolina. I have forgotten that I changed my comments from "accept all" to "moderate". DUHHHH I was having a problem with some "weird" comments - they weren't nice and NOT related to what my blog is about. I learn something new almost daily.

    I have a set of artist materials as a birthday present. The set includes pastels, oil pastels, watercolors, oils and acrylics. Now I'm goiong to try to learn to draw so that I can use these things. It's going to be a L-O-N-G winter! :-) Maybe I can find some classes? I'll keep you posted.

    Happy holidays - Feliz Navidad y feliz año nuevo. (I hope that I got that right! :-))

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.