Monday, February 9, 2009

Two paintings for an Art Show (?)

I'm considering entering these two paintings in an art show. I'd like someone/anyone to help by critiquing these paintings before I go any farther working on them. They are both "almost" finished but I'm not sure that they would be adequate for an art competition.

What do you think? Leave a comment, or send me an email. I sure would appreciate it!. :-)

Lady With Orange Head Scarf. 8"x12" oil on masonite.

The scarf started out to be yellow but turned out orange. I had done one very similar earlier it was 9"x12" and I wasn't real happy with it.

The "finishing" would include some pattern in the scarf (busy work in my opinion) and adding a necklace. Those large red earrings need the necklace. Right? Wrong?














Man With Yellow Sunglasses. 12"x12" oil on masonite.

Not much needs to be done here - I think. I'll add some highlights on the lenses when the paint dries some more. Maybe tone down the teeth? And just generally clean things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.