Friday, November 18, 2011

Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk

Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk
14.25 x 15.25  Oils on 6 5x5 panels
This airplane type is commonly associated with the WW II "Flying Tigers". The Flying Tigers had shark mouths painted on the nose of their airplanes.


I had cut some 5 x 5 inch panels to do some 5 x 5 paintings. Believe it or not I couldn't find subject that I wanted to squeeze into 25 square inches. 


Sooooo, I put six of the panels together with a spacer between each of the pieces. My idea is to take the spacers out and assemble them in a nice frame/background. 


If "diptych" is a two-part painting (or whatever) then will this be a "hextych"?  :-)  I couldn't find "hextych" in searching the web, although I did find "septych" (7 pieces).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.