Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Last multi-photo post - probably maybe?

I'm posting 11 (eleven) photos of my paintings today - sorry. I hope to resume posting one or two at a time from now on.  


If you have a PC you can see the photos of the paintings more clearly if you right-click on the photo then choose view in a new window. I dislike the "new" blog method of the slideshow as I can't see the details as we could "before".


Skatebboarder - red tee shirt
12 x 16  Oils on Gessoed panel

Skatebboarder - black tee shirt
9 x 12  Oils on "canvas paper"

Skatebboarder - red sweatshirt
9 x 12   Oils on "canvas paper"
 I have the greatest respect and admiration for the people that will put their bodies on a skateboard. And to see the "tricks" that most do is sometimes beyond belief!  

The "canvas paper" that I used is advertised as gessoed canvas sheets in a tablet form. I had to tape the sheets to a large piece of masonite to hold the sheet in place while I painted. 




Out by a mile
11x13  Oils on gessoed panel

Horse Riding 2
8.5 x 11  Oils on gessoed panel
A "study" for a larger painting.

Horse Riding 1
12 x 16  Oils on canvas board

Wanna Play Some Ball?
9 x 12  Canvas panel

This young lady with an attitude might (probably) embarrass a "studly" male baseball player.

Truck Drivin Man
16 x 20   Oils on canvas panel
(I need to finish the sign on the truck door! - DUHHH)

Hey Battah Battah - SWING
12 x 16  Oils on canvas panel
The title is a taunt (chatter?) that the opposing team calls out when a batter is in the batters box. Especially if the batter has a tendency to swing on command. :-)

Mother and daughter at the beach
16 x 20  Oils on canvas panel
MANY thanks to Jilly Bennett and her blog Menton Daily Photo

Lookee Here Podnah
16 x 20  Oils on canvas panel
An "experienced" cowboy making his point (no pun intended) to a younger buckaroo.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Nicole Mariana from Romanian Princess. I just came across your blog, and I love it! I'm your newest follower! Please follow me back at:
    www.romanianprincess.com

    XoXo Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole. Thanks for your kind comment. I don't post as often as I would like just lazy I guess. :-)

    Ken B

    ReplyDelete
  3. But "one photo per one post" increases blog traffic.. specially when done on "one in two days" basis..
    I am glad to get your comment. And the funny photos in the mail.
    What is your camera name? After I learned my Canon for almost one year, maybe I will be able to help you to make photos without glare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irina, sorry that I have increased blog traffic for you. I thought it OK to make one post rather than many. I'll try to not do it again.

    KenB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken, sorry for my English. I wanted to say: more posts means more visitors. That is why separate paintings in the separate posts increase blog traffic.
    As for me, I will be glad to see your paintings if you post them all at once or separately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.