Friday, May 27, 2011

Wolf In The Trees

wolf in the trees  18 x 24  $175.00 plus shipping
Wolf In The Trees  18 x 24  Oils on panel

This glowering wolf seems a bit scary in my painting from a U.S. Government photo.  Maybe I thought that I was interrupting it's meal which is out of sight in the foreground grass.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I suppose that the name that I gave this painting isn't very pertinent.  The wolf is in a clearing in the woods. I find it very difficult  to make up a name for a painting.  I usually use what I think is the obvious. Sometimes it's meaningful other times . . . . . . ?

I did another wolf painting then decided that if you've seen one or two paintings of a wolf, you've seen enough!  :-)

These wolf paintings were my tests to see if I could reasonably represent animal fur.  I studied other artists' painting of "furry critters" then made my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.