Monday, December 20, 2010

THE CROSS GUY - A WORK IN PROGRESS

Work In Progress
THE CROSS GUY  8 x 12  Oils on panel

A WORK IN PROGRESS

12/27/2010: With help from a friend, I renamed this painting from "A Mean Dude" to "The Cross Guy".

I woke up early (4 or 5 AM) and I got this far by 9 AM more or less. It's rather small so it didn't take long. DUH!  :-)

I saw this photo on Jilly Bennett's blog Menton Daily Photo a while back and the fellow was . . . . abrupt(?) and Jilly took his picture so that he would move on.

I'll work on this tomorrow - probably. Or I might work on the painting with the boys running. Maybe not.  :-)

UPDATED December 21, 2010.  I still need to do something more - or maybe something less.  Anyhow the photo of the painting is "shiny" and I'll work on that as well!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ken, my goodness you chose a strange looking character to paint. I'd think it v difficult but then it was difficult enough to photograph! Happy Christmas, dear Ken xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jilly! This fellow looked so sinister in your photo that I wanted to go yell at him for bothering you! He's probably in jail by now! ;-)

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.