Monday, March 30, 2009

Morning Coffee I

$50.00 plus shipping
Morning Coffee I. 6"x8". Oil on masonite.

As I tried to wake up this morning the bright sunlight was coming in our dining room window making these (I think) really neat triangle shadows. Luckily, I was awake enough to grab my digital camera and get a digital photo so that I wouldn't lose the image.

I have some larger (16x20, 11x14 etc) pictures that I should be working on, but that blank "canvas" is staring back at me. . . . . . I even tinted them and they're still mighty blank!

Just another Manic Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I like the strong morning shadows. I read that value/contrast is the power house of a painting. That color just supports it. I can agree because I like contrast. Many others would disagree. That is what makes it fun.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I used to turn my painting upside down to check for adjustments but found that my mind automatically filled in the missing pieces.... Yes the digital camera works best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.