Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Solo Art Show and Sale April 2011

Forty four (44) of my paintings are on display in the Zephyr Blevins Gallery inside the Rogers (AR) Little Theater. You can read about the Rogers Little Theater at their website here. It's a really cool place to visit for a live performance of just to look at the way theaters used to be built.  


View Larger Map


Melissa and I spent about two hours and got the job done without much trouble.  The paintings are hung on chains that hang from near the ceilings. The hooks that fit into the chains to hold the paintings are JUST small enough to fit through the chains links.

I'm posting a few photos now and will post some more later when we take better photos. For some reason both our cameras had focusing problems.  They're both "point & shoot" so why didn't they focus?  One of t hose sweet mysteries of life, I suppose.

In the theater lobby

Inside the gallery

Ken B hanging paintings

Beautiful Melissa amused by my "portrait of a chicken"

Melissa making photos of the exhibit

Almost finished setting up (the frame of the mirror is tin!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so nice, you're having an art show in april.
    Best of luck, you paint beautifully.
    Wishing you a nice day, and thanks for your comment in my blog.
    Greetings from,
    Berit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! I knew it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I sold one of the paintings in my "solo" exhibition. The person saw my blog posting and contacted me through this blog. Very exciting for me, for sure. The painting was "Children Sitting In The Park".

    Ken B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.