Thursday, March 5, 2009

Four Works In Progress

These are four unfinished paintings that I'm working on. I move to another painting when I get "bored" with the one I'm working on at the moment. When I'm not working on these, I'm working on Karin Jurick's Different Strokes From Different Folks biweekly challenge. The most recent challenge is SUSHI. The previous challenge was WIGS - see my wig effort below. Good grief!


"Kitchen Bouquet" 11x14 Oil on masonite

Melissa put this little bouquet on our kitchen table one day. After looking at it for a day or two it struck me that this might be a painting. I'm not a big fan of flowers especially still life flowers. Maybe it shows in this piece? DUH!!













"Man Playing Guitar" 11x14 Oil on masonite.

This is me pretending to play the guitar. I was in the Air Force in Bogota Colombia in the 60's and at the time going out after dark wasn't a very good idea. So my room mates and I would try to occupy our time without being destructive to ourselves.














"Dad Fishing With Chet" 11x14 Oil on masonite.

My brother and I were born in Central America in the early 40's and were there when WWII broke out. We couldn't get back to the states so we often went fishing for a diversion and (I suppose) to supplement our diet.















"104 Pearl Street" 11x14 Oil on masointe.

This is a building in Avoca, AR on Pearl Street that we pass every time we drive into town. I don't know much about the building, but I think it's interesting. The people are from pictures that I took at a local 4H event. I've never seen more than one or two people at 104 Pearl St.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.